'66 Electric Window Wiring Diagrams - Impala Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

'66 Electric Window Wiring Diagrams

Need some help here. My electrical wiring diagrams have everything, but the electric windows. Does anybody have them or link please?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris
Warrenton, OR
'68 CJ-5 - Sold
'74 Nova
'10 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 PM

I would imagine the wiring (and as such the wiring diagram) is identical to that used in a Pontiac Parisian or an Olds 88 or Buick Electra 225. There may be a little difference in the switches used as the d├ęcor changed from year to year but the switches all function the same even if they look different from one year to the next and from marquee to marquee.

Knowing how GM likes to use one part as often as possible I will wages every switch was used at one time or another appeared in every make and model year of all of GM's cars just so they could mix them up stylistically. So what was accurate for your year Chevy might have been used the following year in a Caddy or a Olds. It would take some detective work to trace them down looking at sales brochures to identify the switch used since the universal GM part numbers are top secret (can't have Cadillac owners buying cheaper Chevrolet parts even if it is the same part used in all of GM's cars we have to charge more for the high priced spread).

Big Dave
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 09:16 PM

Wiring diagram

This should be about the same, it's a 1966 Buick link:

http://automotivewiringdiagrams.net/...000-series.jpg

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post

Paul
I've done a number of power window conversions on 65-66 cars and that diagram looks correct although I certainly can recall if the wire colours are the same in that Buick schematic.

Chris, is there a particular problem you are chasing? The system is pretty basic so it should be fairly easy to narrow down where the issue is if there is one.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post

Paul
Paul, Thanks for the link. I just now am able to sit down and look at it. Looks pretty straight forward. I can work with this. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
I've done a number of power window conversions on 65-66 cars and that diagram looks correct although I certainly can recall if the wire colours are the same in that Buick schematic.

Chris, is there a particular problem you are chasing? The system is pretty basic so it should be fairly easy to narrow down where the issue is if there is one.
Darth,

No problems, Yet. The S-I-L has stated she has had issues in the past with the windows. I just wanted to be able to trace them out, if I needed to. I want to check the operation of each window, while the inside is ripped out. If I find a problem I can't handle...Rest assured, I'll be asking.

Chris

Chris
Warrenton, OR
'68 CJ-5 - Sold
'74 Nova
'10 Camaro
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 02:05 PM

Make sure you check the wiring in the area between the door and the body (pillar) where it comes through. The number one weak point for power window wiring is broken wires from flexing when the doors open and close.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
Make sure you check the wiring in the area between the door and the body (pillar) where it comes through. The number one weak point for power window wiring is broken wires from flexing when the doors open and close.
Thanks for the heads up!

Chris
Warrenton, OR
'68 CJ-5 - Sold
'74 Nova
'10 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page