So in my 64 I recently put in a new battery, voltage regulator, and alternator. At the same time points were swapped for hei and new fan clutch. Aside from the fan clutch this stuff was replace due to a the old stuff pushing 18 volts through the system. It melted my points, blew my tail lights out, killed my stereo, it was fantastic. Well for the last week the car has been great after everything was fixed. My friends wife left the key on accessory for 2 days so today when I went to start it I got nothing, no power at all, no anything. I took the battery to get charged, picked it up, put it back in and nothing. I went back to advanced and it was completly dead. The battery is charging right now. I'm curious what you guys think about this.
1. Maybe they never charged it and thought they did
2. Maybe the battery cells are toast
So this is my question and biggest fear, could there have been a short that caused all that stuff to go wrong in the first place that I didn't find and I just replaced what it damaged only to damage it again?
Just a month ago my other impala got left on accessory for a week. The battery could not be charged and they replaced it. I really hope that's all that happened to this impala.