1968 Impala. Let me preface this post by saying that I am a COMPLETE DOLT when it comes to electrical stuff, so thanks in advance for any replies.
This winter I will be adding a few things to my car that were not there before and need to have a better understanding when it comes to wiring it all up. Ground requirements are no problem. The battery and key-on stuff is where I need a little help. The items and their requirements are as follows:
1. MSD Ignition, needs battery and key-on 12V sources
2. Dakota Digital Dash, needs battery and key-on 12V sources
3. Retrosound Hermosa head unit, needs battery and key-on 12V sources
4. Amplifier, needs battery 12V source
5. Holley EFI, needs battery and key-on 12V source
The battery requirements I pretty much get, but I would like to have a cleaner way of connecting all of these to the battery without 5 additional, different ring terminals crammed onto the positive battery terminal. Any better way of doing this other than the multiple ring-terminal idea?
The key-on requirements is where things get really foggy. I only see one spare/empty IGN source in my fuse box. How do I add the additional ones needed safely?