new wire harness - Impala Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation new wire harness

hi there guys-- i have a 1967 imp convertible-- im researching to buy an aftermarket wire harness--my choices are from american autowire,kwik wire,or ez wire-- 12-14 fuse .. i dont need more than that -i cancelled my heater and wipers.... can anyone give me some feed back on any of these 3 wire kits??? i am also planing on getting an aftermarket steering column and gauges....... thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 PM

I have never heard of "Kwik wire or EZ wire", but on the various forums I look at American Autowire seems to have a very good reputation for their harnesses and support. I have a 67 Impala SS and am currently waiting for A.A. to release their new Classic Update harness. The latest release date I saw was sometime in May. They have OEM restoration harnesses for factory original wiring. The "Classic Update" harnesses are better for cars that have or plan to have modifications from original such as: elec fans, elec fuel pumps, aftermarket gages and other changes. Contact them to get a better release date and more info.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 05:38 PM

I use American Wire for stock wiring if I have to buy a complete harness. I use Pain-less wiring for my hot rods and race cars that were gutted of stock wiring to remove complexity and weight.

If you are planning on modernizing your ride (power seats power windows, cruise control along with electric fans stereo or any other power hungry accessories consider multiplex wiring in addition to American Wire or Pain-less wiring.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/g...t/viewall.html

Just to get the locking door opening key fob would be worth it in my opinion.

Big Dave

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

new wire harness

thanks for fast replies.... i think i might be able to get american autowire or ez wire harness for less than $200 12-14 fuse this sunday at the pomona swapmeet in california....... like i mentioned i wont be using the wiper motor,heater or ac unit---- i jus need something to power the essentials like front lights,rear lights,turn signals,brakes, ignition switch-- and hopefully aftermarket gauges-ultra meter--fuel,oil press,voltage,temp,tach,speedo..... the 12-14 fuse harness should be enough right?????....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page