67 radio rebuild - Impala Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

67 radio rebuild

Does anyone know where I can send my original radio in for repairs. It was removed by some kid bfore I bout it and he allowed the circuits to rust out. Bottom line, it doesn't work and needs rebuilt so I can replace the "fancy" CD player he wanted to go with before I bought the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM

Greg at S&M electric did all mine and I'm very happy. Mak sure you get the correct speakers from him also. If yours were replaced they are the wrong trype and will wreck your rebuilt radio.

www.tunswitch.com

64 Impala SS 327/300 survivor
67 Impala SS 327 triple black hardtop
67 Impala Bench Seat 4 speed
http://craigaacars.shutterfly.com/pictures
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

I plan on ordering the correct speakers for it. The rear speaker isn't even in the car anymore and the previous owner added tweeters to my kick panels and cut holes in the back for small speakers. I have a lot of radio work to do before its back to original. Do you have a website for s&m car radios? The site I keep being directed to is a homeowners electrical company.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM

Website address:

http://www.turnswitch.com/

Another vote for S&M Electro-Tech. They have done 3 radios for me and are currently about to start on a fourth.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_ View Post
I plan on ordering the correct speakers for it. The rear speaker isn't even in the car anymore and the previous owner added tweeters to my kick panels and cut holes in the back for small speakers. I have a lot of radio work to do before its back to original. Do you have a website for s&m car radios? The site I keep being directed to is a homeowners electrical company.

Be thankful that with the name S&M you only found a homeowners electrical company. Not every site on the web is as family friendly as we are!

Big Dave
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Several of the web sites were graphic oriented so I chose not to mention them. S&M looks like the way I will be going n the near future. They can keep my radio original with only the AM tune and even replace my missing speakers for a very decent price.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM

Sorry Greg I had a typo and missed the r in the link I provided. It could have been worse.
Looks like you got to the right place though!
Greg is a very good guys who is doing a great service for our hobby while making a living too.
I had him do my AM and then my 8-track deck. Then I had a AM/FM done and got all new speakers.
Very fair in prices and most knowledgeable.
Gets busy this time of year though so don't expect real short turn around, its just a 2 man shop.

Good Luck

64 Impala SS 327/300 survivor
67 Impala SS 327 triple black hardtop
67 Impala Bench Seat 4 speed
http://craigaacars.shutterfly.com/pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page