Improper flow EGR valve - Impala Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Improper flow EGR valve

I have 2003 Chevy impala Base 3.4 engine that the engine light stays on. The car runs great. I have gone to Auto Zone three times to have them check the faults to see what the problem is. Each time it has come back improper flow EGR valve. I have replace the EGR valve and removed and clean the pipe down to the exhaust manifold twice. I started the car last time and removed the pipe that goes down to the manifold to see if it was exhausting without a clog and it seem to be clear. I have had Auto Zone reset the CPU and have remove the battery post and reinstall to reset the fault. It seems to work until the engine becomes warm, then the engine light reappears. What else can I do? The light has been on for two years, the car runs fine. The only reason why I need to fix this is because the vehicle will not pass Maryland emissions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 12:44 AM

Welcome to the Team Frank!

Check the thermostat housing vacuum switch to see if it is activating the line to the valve once it reaches operating temp. This exhausts my entire repotorie of knowledge about EFI cars as I don't own one. (all my cars have carburetors on them and I don't use any computer controlled devices. The only tuning tool I use is a screw driver). Most of the members on this board own 1961-'70 full size rear wheel drive cars.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page