95 impala ss, gone crazy - Impala Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

95 impala ss, gone crazy

i have a 95 ss, one day i was riding down the street when it started stalling out like it was running out of gas. it did'nt die out completely until i had to stop. once i stopped it idled down real low then up to normal rpm or a little higher then died. it would not start again just turning the key. finally out of desperation i held the pedal to the floor and as long as i held my foot to the floor it ran. it seemed to be missing and only firing off of a few cylinders. after a minute or so it began to run on all 8 and almost like normal. i made it about four blocks to my house and parked it. almost everytime i would go to start it i would have to mash the pedal to the floor, once it started it would idle like normal, but if you pressed the gas pedal after heating up for a minute it will try to stumble and die. sound familiar to anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 AM

My first guess would be the MAP sensor has died.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

maybe? i have since installed a fuel pressure regulator, spark plugs and the o2 sensors. rode it down the road and it ran better than it ever did, then around two miles later it took a dump on me and started to basically flood out.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 03:07 PM

The car will tell you what is wrong with it. All you have to do is to read the codes. Most corner auto parts stores will have a cheap code reader that they will let you use in their drive way to sell you a new part. Problem arises when the computer says "Ahhh" can you determine if it has a sore throat from snoring or strep? This is the value of an experienced mechanic.

Big Dave
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 12:39 AM

hey man i have the same problem with my 95 imp. ,it started about a month after i did a home plate delete and installed a k&n filter system. let me know what you did to fix the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page