My 69 on air - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

My 69 on air

Hello everyone, wanted to post a few pics of my 69 Impala. Just installed a Ridetech Air Ride system. I also made some phantom headlight grill covers, trying to imitate the hidden headlight option that came on the Caprice. She has a 383 stroker with a turbo 400, 12 bolt with an Eaton posi and 3:08 gears. She has 4 wheel disks and 2 1/2 inch exhaust and Jet Hot coated headers inside and out. The trunk has been done...carpeted and leather with complete Dynamat and two 10" subs in a custom encloser, blue LED lighting through out. The interior is pretty much stock with the exception of AutoMeter Colbalt gauges, a custom center console that houses an oil pressure and water temp gauges along with two 5 1/4" inch speakers. The Pioneer radio is mounted in the glove compartment. Two 6x9 in the rear deck and blue LED (subtle) lighting through out the interior. The car also has ac and Billet Specialties engine valve covers, wire looms etc. A Mach pulley system and brackets. Wheels and tires are Billet Specialties Fast Lane wheels 18 and 20 with Nitto 555. She is a constant work in progress. Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 07:20 AM

I am not usually in to modified cars but I have to admit yours looks pretty good.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Nice looking car Jay! Have you taken it to the Plant City Car show? I don't remember seeing it there.

Big Dave

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 12:43 PM
BA.

The first thing that caught my eye was the hide-away headlights. Those look great.

Great looking car too, sounds like a lot of sweet parts on it!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 03:18 PM

Very nice. I have a similar theme going on with my 71 Pontiac Parisienne.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for the comments. Big Dave I haven't been to the Plant City show but I will make an attempt soon. I pretty much stay local, Ocoee, Apopka. B.A. those aren't actually hidden headlights, to find an actual hidden headlamp unit, in rough shape could cost up to 1200-1800...so I picked up the center section to a stock grill I have Southeast Chevy Parts about 3 mins from my home (great guys lots of stuff)cut it to fit, made some mounting tabs and painted it all up to match. The grill cost me 25.00 plus two cans of spray paint. So Thanks Again everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page