Anyone attending the Chevy/Vettefest in Chicago? - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Anyone attending the Chevy/Vettefest in Chicago?

I need floor pans for my '68 and I've been trying to find out what vendors might be in attendance at the Chevy/Vettefest this weekend in Chicago in hopes of saving on some shipping. Not looking good- every local place in the Chicago and Indiana area I've called said they are not going. I imagine the economy might be a big factor in this. Sad.

Just wondering if any members here might be going?

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Hey Scott,
I will be attending along with a friend of mine,John,who by the way has his car featured in Jan. issue of Popular Hot Rodding.(61 SS) on Sat. We have noticed that there seems to be fewer vendors at these shows. Fall Jefferson had 1/3 less vendors than in the spring. As for your floor pans, the place in Elburn probably has them, there was a rep.for Sherman and Assoc. in Lockport. He would only sell to a business,though. I can't think of anyone else within driving distance that handles Impala parts. I need a couple of panels also, and told they have to be "Truck Shipped" Major$$$ for no weight at all. I'll wait!!! Back in the spring your were having some issue with your engine, what ever came of that?
Gary
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Hey Gary,
Looks like we're bailing on Chevyfest. Too much going on in the garages. I tried probably 5 or 6 vendors in the area and none are going. The poor economy is really hurting businesses. Parts Place was always there but are not going this year. He has the floor pans I need and is only about an hour away so I'll probably shoot out there on a Saturday morning. They took care of my calipers and are great guys (and girls) to work with.

Engine; oh ya got the 396 all fixed and got the Caprice on the road towards the end of August. It rolled under it's own power for the first time in probably 15 years. Knock turned out to be a lose cam gear rubbing the timing cover. After working out a few bugs I was able to drive it a bit this summer. Sounds great, drives nice and gets some attention for sure. Right now it's torn apart in the garage for major interior upgrades plus a laundry list of finish work.

http://www.planetofspeed.net/images/...k/PICT3195.JPG

http://www.planetofspeed.net/images/...k/PICT3194.JPG

http://www.planetofspeed.net/images/...k/PICT3198.JPG

-later

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 PM

great lookin caprice scott!

'69 2dr post belair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page