New Camaro is now in production - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

New Camaro is now in production

Hey guys,didn't know where to post this.I thought it kind of important enough to post on this Chevy site.We do need a section for General Car stuff or info section.Anyway enjoy the pictures ,just click on the link below. John

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chevrolet-camaro-production/1334094/

1964 Chevrolet Impala Convertible-409/425hp,4 speed,3:73 posi,original owner
1973 Corvette Stingray Coupe-350/275hp-L-82,4 speed,posi rear-original owner
2005 Cadillac CTS-V,Z06 Corvette Motor,6 speed ,posi rear end,original owner

http://community.webshots.com/user/paintjohn1

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image....1&type=profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 10:03 AM

I love the look of this car. I wish I could afford to buy one and just put it away in storage for a very long time.

Last edited by wogman75; 02-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 12:15 PM

new camaro

Somewhat over engineered. Would have been beneficial to cut frills (IRS, etc.) and offer a lower cost entry level model to boost sales. at least they are building it, the whole chevrolet passenger car division has been yawnsville with the exception of corvette since the cancellation of the fourth generation.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:13 PM

I wish G.M. would bring back the whole system where you could order just about any option and engine/tranny combo possible. Just check off the sheet! Not everyone wants IRS , traction control, heated seats, DVD player or whatever. My opinion is that I feel like they are forcing the public to buy cars (and trucks) with too much crap in them. I don't want nor do I need all that crap. Several people I've talked too feel the same way. Just look on the lot and it's either fully loaded or it's a v-6 bare bones stripped to nothing. There's no middle ground. If I want 450 h.p. manual tranny, no a/c, no power locks or windows with alloy wheels I should be able to get it.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 AM

Their building them. I also want a no option 6cyl body with the biggest motor GM makes, With a 5 or 6 speed manual trans and 456 gears. Dreaming again.
http://jalopnik.com/5166643/hundreds...assembly-plant

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
BA.

As you guys have probably read, they've been popping up on both coasts recently. It's as if they are magazine cars, or just plain old test mules.

I saw one here in DAYTON OHIO last week at a Days Inn on Miller Lane next to I-75. It had Michigan plates. It definitely had the look,...and it had SS badges on it too.

All in all, I think that getting a 300hp V6 for *what I heard* was the target price of around 26000 will be 'ok'. Not a smokin deal, but, that is easily a 14.5 second quartermile car with a possibility of a 13.9. that's movin out pretty darn good.

I'm still no fan of the dash/gauge area though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moto_0109.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	400   Click image for larger version

Name:	moto_0110.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	401  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 AM

Every V-8 car has been presold already by way of advanced orders. Your only hope of getting a V-8 Camaro is if someone else lost their deposit and released the dealer to sell it to you (but I doubt if they will discount the car price by the 15% they already have received from the person that ordered it). There will be no more V-8's made ever because of the bail out money GM received (which requires GM to make more fuel efficient vehicles instead of cars that will actually sell). The V-6 will soon be replaced by the EcoTech four bangers if the Camaro makes it into 2011. So the concept of a viable muscle car has died with the economy I'm afraid. Just like 1972 all over again with the demise of the factories first attempt at building what the public wanted.

Big Dave
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:01 PM

I think GM, Chrysler, and Ford Should start selling cars via catalog instead of dealerships. I think if cars were made to order it would save them tremendously. Pumping out 3000 cars a week that are just sitting is not profitable.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
BA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
There will be no more V-8's made ever because of the bail out money GM received (which requires GM to make more fuel efficient vehicles instead of cars that will actually sell).
Big Dave
What makes you say this? That's a pretty large salami to be hangin out there without any data to reference for it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA. View Post
What makes you say this? That's a pretty large salami to be hangin out there without any data to reference for it.

Time will tell. But GM has already stated that V-8 production would be severely limited in the 2010 production run and offered serious buyers the opportunity to pre-order cars with a V-8 built the way they wanted but required a substantial nonrefundable down payment.

GM has gone before congress and stated that they would open their books to verify that all cars being built are the most fuel efficient that they could make. GM has also stated that Pontiac is their performance division and would offer the V-8 Firebird in 2011; right before they closed down the Pontiac Motor Division and Saturn, and Hummer and Volvo putting them out of business like they did with Oldsmobile, and then closed the doors and threw away the keys to the GM Performance Parts division.

Big Dave
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 PM

GM's Troubles

Would agree that getting rid of side lines like Hummer and Volvo is a good thing, but axing Pontiac?? As for being a performance division, great, they do need to revive the Firebird as a sister to the Camaro, and name their cars with real names, not this alpha numeric crap - G6, G8, etc. Makes one want to reach for the barf bag, before falling asleep.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 PM

Read in the paper this morning that the CEO of GM would decide wether to put the company in chapter 11 at the end of this month. He stated if it did go into bankrupcy it would be liquidated to get as much money back for those poor stock holders (like himself) as could be found. I might sympathise with him if he were to convert his prefered stock to common stock like the rest of the share holders like me own.

Big Dave
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
There will be no more V-8's made ever because of the bail out money GM received (which requires GM to make more fuel efficient vehicles instead of cars that will actually sell). The V-6 will soon be replaced by the EcoTech four bangers if the Camaro makes it into 2011.
The V8's get better fuel mileage in larger cars than the V6's. Same for the V6 vs. 4 cyl. You can't ignore that. Seems an important fact in the (if any) decision to axe the V8. I can see the decision about 'performance cars' but don't believe they will eliminate V8's because of the bail out money.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 PM

They still build trucks with V8s. Only a mater of time till hot rodders start building cars again like in the 60s.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page