We just brought the parts car home! - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

We just brought the parts car home!

I'll get pics of it this weekend, but after we started to get into the four door hard top, we realized we were missing some key pieces. We found a four door sedan for $300! .......Complete!

On a side note, the 454 and Th400 are bolted in to the cleaned and painted engine compartment on the hard top. I had to cut the trans crossmember brackets off and move them back for the Th400. The car came with a P/G. I still need to find the accessory brackets for the big block, though. The most challenging ones being for the air conditioner compressor. It has it, and it's all there, so I want to get it working. ......(must be getting old or something. When I was a kid, I'd cut that sucker out.)

I'll list the good parts that I don't use in the classifieds section when I get that far, so start making your list now, guys. (the sedan is a non-A/C car for those who are interested.

Don't listen to me, what do I know? I've only been doing this for 30 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 PM

Your problem with finding brackets to bolt on your A/C compressor for the 1964 four door with a BBC is going to be compounded by the fact that there were none made by GM. In 1964 there was only the SBC and the "W" motor (348-409) available. The first BBC was introduced in 1965 as a high performance 396 engine (solid lifters, which precludes A/C). It wasn't available in the big cars until after mid year when they offered it as a hydraulic tappet version as well as the solid lifter version (once again A/C was not avauilable with solid tappets).

If the 1965 still used the same compressor (I can not recall when they switched over from Fridgideair to the Harrison C-6 compressor) the brackets for the 360 horse 396 should fit.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Dave, but we have a '67. Late enough in the lineage to have come with the stuff we need. Even still, it won't be easy to find the right brackets.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Here's a few shots of our $300 parts car. It also has a complete 283 two barrel and a power glide.

Also this is under the hood of our hard top car........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page