Accurate values? - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Accurate values?

Without paying for an appraisal where do you all go for fair prices on old cars?

I have been thinking again about selling my 65 and threw it on Craigslist to see if anyone would make me an offer that I couldnt refuse.

www.fquick.com/Captainofiron

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
65 Impala SS 327 Camelhump Heads, CompCams RR, 650 carb, M-20 M4, 12 bolt 3.73 gears
91 Cherokee 2 door. 4X4, NP 231 TC, AX15 M5
13 Veloster Turbo. Turbo I-4 M6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 04:06 PM

flea-Bay and Craig's list are the two ways to determine what the bottom feeders will pay. Barret's and other auction houses cater to those fools with more money than "cents", but that isn't an accurate reflection of value either.

Your insurance company has appraisers that can tell you what it is worth just by asking for an appraisal to see how much it would cost to insure it at "fair market Value". You want to insure it for more than that because it will appreciate in value with time and you don't want to did out how much it has appreciated by accident.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 04:28 PM

The Hagerty valuation tool can help. Be honest with your assessment of the condition of the car. If you drive it, it's likely a 3, not a 2 or 1.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Yea I looked at Hagerty, NADA and the Classic Car Value guide

Hagerty was the highest, Im thinking that they do this to have the car overvalued in case of a claim.

I think my car is between a 4 and 3 on the scale. Definitely needs alot of little things.

I have really been thinking about putting money into paint and freshening the interior to see if that attracts more attention, but the point of the sale is to spend less money on my project cars... haha

www.fquick.com/Captainofiron

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
65 Impala SS 327 Camelhump Heads, CompCams RR, 650 carb, M-20 M4, 12 bolt 3.73 gears
91 Cherokee 2 door. 4X4, NP 231 TC, AX15 M5
13 Veloster Turbo. Turbo I-4 M6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page