Looking for my supervisor's dads 61' Impala - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Looking for my supervisor's dads 61' Impala

Been awhile since I've been on here but thought this was the best place to start.

I know it's a long shot but I figure I have to try.

I'm trying to help my supervisor, Gregg, find his dad's 61' Impala convertible.

Gregg was in his late teens, maybe 20 when his dad passed away of a massive heart attack. His dad was only in his 40's.

Gregg has some fond memories of his dad's old Impala. And he's wondering if it's still out there somewhere? Here are some of the details that he told me.

It was black with a red stripe. He believes it had a black top and a red interior if memory serves him correctly. It had a 348 tri-power with an automatic.

His dad bought it new at a dealership in Marshfield, WI it was I believe City Chevrolet Garage.

His dad's name is Schuyler Gilhausen. From what Gregg was told his dad sold it to a Jim or James Cooper, also of Marshfield, WI.

I don't know if that's even enough information to go off of or not but like I said, I gotta try. It would be cool if it could be located.

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 02:31 PM

Any luck finding the car? I think without an old VIN you might have a problem and with all of the salt on our roads it might be long gone.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 04:00 PM

Worse than salt was the "Clunkers for Cash" program that had cars being hauled out of people's yards to be crushed without their permission as many cities went the Eminent Domain right route to rid their cities of non-functional cars parked on private property in their cities.

Friend of mine lost over 536 Camaros that he had stored on a seven acre lot he owned. He had intended to sell them to the car hobbies in his old age, but the county gave him two weeks to dispose of them before they brought in a portable crusher. I spent two weeks at my garage pulling motors out of Z's and SS Camaros to store in his speed shops warehouse. Real shame.

Big Dave

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 04:24 PM
BA.

Without a VIN, I think your only hope is to get a connection at the local town BMV. Ask everyone you know if they know someone there or a relative there.

Once a contact is made inside, you can open a discussion about BMV searches by someone's name. Sounds like the best chance you have.
Oh, also, if you have any lawyers, they can do look-ups by name/state/county via LexisNexis database.

Good Luck!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page