A New Bouncing Baby 2010! - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

A New Bouncing Baby 2010!

Well I finally did it and traded my (somewhat) worn out 03' Imp. for a used well kept 33k/mi. 10' Imp.
The 03' had 130K/mi. on the clock, trans. was starting to slip and have long shift time's; and other assorted mini-issue's. I would have kept it and rebuilt the trans. and new tires but that would be more than what the car is worth and not to mention the "what else can happen" factor plus no warranty.
It's disheartening that it went because the 00'-05' destictive looks compared to everything looking the same today, hopefully 2012 will freshen things up a little.
The only across the board complaint I see is the cheap plastic interior pieces but I can't tell Toyota/Honda plastic from the big three plastic! .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 03:04 PM

I was at a local Chevy dealer today for a swap meet . While we were there we looked at all the new cars and trucks. I was disappointed at the trucks made in Mexico. The Camaro's made in Canada. The Transmissions made in Japan and one Chevy car made in Korea. Of the Impala's and Malibu's, I liked the Malibu better. It looked better with more chrome and it also looked longer with more rear leg room than the Impala.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I toyed with the Malibu but the dash layout just did'nt feel right to me. But the last 2 Imps -01' LS and 03'-,I bought new never left me on the side of the road even after the warranty so I figured I stay with a good thing. Not to mention my 64'/65'/67'/68'/69'/71' which have left me on the side of the road!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
BA.

congrats man, gotta love the new car smell!!!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page