WIW 66 Caprice with nice options - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

WIW 66 Caprice with nice options

I am curious what my 66 project might be worth when I try to sell it later this year.

Nice straight body with very little rust in the body faded but 70% still original paint. It had a minor repair in the RH 1/4 so it was painted at one time. Trunk floor and floors are starting to go and will need replaced. Seats will all need to be redone.

Will be a running driving project with a mid 70s 454 in it. I will have the matching # 396 in pieces that goes with the car.

Options
325 HP 396
TH400
2.73 posi 12 bolt metalic brakes
AM / FM multiplex
A/C
power steering
power brakes
buckets and colsole with gages
tilt / telescopic wheel
power windows
power driver seat

I know Chevelles pretty well but I can't seem to nail down a value on this one. Only have a realistic idea?

Thanks

building a 66 Caprice 396 HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Sorry but I have no idea (price will vary by region of the country you are in).

I ran out and refinanced my house because I believe the fiscal sky is about to fall (got out of a variable rate to pick up a 15 year fixed rate). Right now loans are hard to find if you need one (thankfully I didn't) so rates are low and if you have good credit you can walk in and sign for a new car (bought a new pick-up last week also). However if you don't have money already; you can not buy anything with someone else's money, whether a house or a car. (I was shocked to see the prices of used cars as they are running 85% of the price of a new one, and it isn't the car's value that drives up the price, it is the cost of financing).

Rich people (those with more dollars in their pockets than sense) buy their muscle cars and super cars at Barrett's, not out of the classifieds. So right now it is a buyers market unless you are willing to finance the sale and reposes later if it doesn't work out (and hope the new owner didn't treat it like a rental).

Your price will depend upon what every one thinks on first impression. You have a very heavily optioned car with a big block; but will the interior put them off? Question that comes to my mind (keeping in mind that I am an old racer, not a body man or car restorer) is if the interior is cheap and easy to fix why hasn't it been done already?

Most buyers have no clue as to rust damage unless you can see the road through a gaping hole; and they can not change points without help. They have a desire for an old car and want a turn key vehicle that they can drive and enjoy. If you fix the interior I will wager it will be worth a lot more. (in used car lots they used to throw on seat covers to hide stains and rips to enhance the first impression).

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page