1959 Chevy Impala conv. - Impala Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising & general shop BS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

1959 Chevy Impala conv.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I am trying to get information on a possible purchase of a 1959 Impala conv. The car in question is located here in southern CA. It was only by chance that I came across this car as it was not being advertised for sale. The car is still owned by the original owner and has been sitting in his garage for many years. Information on the car is as follows.

1959 Impala conv.
White with red interior
283ci 2 bbl
Automatic
Power steering
130,000 miles
No other power options

The car is complete with no modifications and no history or evidence of accidents. The interior is original and in very good condition with very little wear showing. The body and paint is also in very nice condition as is the chrome and stainless. The owner stated the car was running fine when it was parked. The frame is very clean with no rust. The top appears to be original and in excellent condition. The car is still wearing wide white walls. All in all I think this is the type of car that would make an excellent survivor. The owner stated that he would want somewhere in the high 30k range for the car. I have been involved with early corvettes most of my life and have an idea on value of those cars but I have not been following the early chevy's that closely. I have seen on EBay what they get for fully restored high option cars with the 348's I'm just not sure about this car. All comments would be welcome.
Thanks for the time, Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 AM

There have been a few 283 59's sold in the past couple of years. In excellent condition they have been bringing from 45 to 60K. The 348's have been running in the 100k area fully restored.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 AM

Welcome to the Team Bob!

I have no idea as to the car's value as that is important to you only twice, when buying and when you are selling. You didn't mention on the interior whether it had bucket seats or a bench seat. That could be important.

I have always gone with the old adage does he want it more than I do. In which case there is no dickering or bidding just reach for the wallet and both parties are happy.

Big Dave

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

59 impala conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Welcome to the Team Bob!

I have no idea as to the car's value as that is important to you only twice, when buying and when you are selling. You didn't mention on the interior whether it had bucket seats or a bench seat. That could be important.

I have always gone with the old adage does he want it more than I do. In which case there is no dickering or bidding just reach for the wallet and both parties are happy.

Big Dave
Thanks Dave and Roger for getting back to me. The car has the bench seat. I plan to return and go over the car much closer maybe even try to start it and at least see if it will go in and out of gear. If everything looks good I will see how much he really wants to sell it. Thanks again guys, Bob
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 AM

I think I would be a buyer someplace in the thirtys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page