After receiving all the valuable information here on the forum, I have decided to drop my plans for EFI (due to cost) and go with Q-Jet carb. So I have compiled list of upgrades, I want to do to my 1970 wagon with 350 SBC. Could somebody go thru the list and let me know what other accessories do I need (like fuel lines, etc) so I can take the whole setup to my mechanic and get the work done without any delays due to missing parts?
1. Edelbrock Performer intake kit (link
) - This is a kit with all the gaskets and bolts.
2. Remanufactured Q-Jet 750cfm carb (link
) - Pretty much the cheapest I could find as I was quoted $495 at the local shop.
3. Summit blueprinted HEI distributor (link
) - This will upgrade my points distributor and get ride of the external coil.
4. Accel SuperStock 4000 Series spark plug wires (link
) - I do need new wires if I upgrade to HEI.
5. Summit performance headers (link
) - I know Hedman or Hooker is better but twice the money.
6. GM Performance Parts Proform Alternator (link
) - Not sure if I need new one, so this is an option.
7. Throttle cable - Not sure if I need just the throttle cable (link
) or throttle and kickdown cable (link
I wasn't able to find gas lines for Q-Jet carbs on Summit's website and I think I need them as I am upgrading from 2bbl Rochester carb. Do I need to worry about the camshaft and other internals when upgrading the stock 350 from 450cfm to 750cfm carb?