Anyone have or know of a hitch for a 67' Impala? - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Anyone have or know of a hitch for a 67' Impala?

Anyone have a hitch or know where I can find one for my 67'? I can't find anything online and the ones I have seen on ebay that people have lying around don't seem to include all the pieces. Has anyone here set on up on this car? I might be able to use another vehicles hitch, haven't really looked at it that hard yet but just seeing if anyone knows or has experience. This will be the first "car" I have with a hitch haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 AM

Go to your local U-haul distributor in your area (main one in the phone book that isn't a gas station). He can weld in a Reese style receiver directly to your frame and wire the car for electric trailer brakes. Any RV Camper repair facility in your area can do the same thing. Welding is better than bolting but if you do not want a "permanent" part (they can always be cut off again with a plasma cutter) attached to your car get a bolt in model. Never attempt to tow anything from a clamp on bumper hitch.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Ya I don't want a welded in piece, I could do that myself here lol. I was looking for a bolt-in one. I called the Uhaul place yesterday and the guy was an idiot, I'll try to get ahold of someone else. I've never used the bumper hitch on anything, they are crap like you said. We're gonna be moving back east next year and I might be selling my truck so it would be nice to still be able to pull a big trailer with furniture instead of paying somone to do it. I love towing

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 02:23 PM

Hey Dallas,

I THINK I would rent a truck and a car trailer and put the 67 on it and come back THAT way. By the time you have added hitch, lighting,brake,and suspension mods to car, were talking some real $$$$. Then when your done the back end of 67 will be so high in the air and ride WORST than U-Haul truck!!!! Or, just rent truck and have family member drive car.
Gary
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Well my plans for the suspension are new springs/shocks anyways and I was going to throw a set of bags in the rear springs. Lighting isn't an issue and brakes, well the 11" drums stop the car pretty good and as long as I drove sensibly I don't see why not. The car is as long as a regular cab silverado and longer than my Rodeo (which I have used to tow a car trailer before). Ideally I would love to rent a truck/trailer, but the cost for that plus gas would be close to $3000!!!! ($2095 for the 17' truck and trailer rental then add gas into that) That's money I would rather not spend right now. That and UHAUL says my car won't fit on there trailers lol. Says a maximum of 79.25" wide. I don't have a family member that can drive it as my wife will be driving her car and my sister can't drive stick (that plus she is going overseas), my mom's health wouldn't be good for the trip and I don't know any friends that can afford to take the time off to go with use plus fly back or what not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page