ignition switch - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

ignition switch

how do i remove the ignition switch on my 60 impala u can turn the car on w/o the keys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawglp View Post
how do i remove the ignition switch on my 60 impala u can turn the car on w/o the keys
By going to the second orange bar and asking the oracle of Google where it states search. These are so common that they have been answered a number of times and have pictures and diagrams to make the explanation easier. Always look at the search button first to see if your question has come up before.

Basically you insert the key and turn it to accessory and push the pin located under the dash on the ignition switch in to remove the tumbler and key so you can unscrew the nut holding it to the dash.

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:18 PM

Thomas,
Your switch may be just fine. Recall that the switch does not need a key to start and operate the car unless the switch ( ignition lock) is turned to the lock position before you remove the key. If you remove the key in the off position no key will be needed to start the car.
To remove the lock you needd to turn the key counter-clockwise to the Accessory position then push the pin and remove the lock.
But again your switch (lock really) may be working as designed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page