Got some work done today - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Got some work done today

Got a little done tonight. Tore the front end down, found a little rust but shouldn't be an issue. I figured I'd yank the front off, make it easier to yank the motor while cleaning up the engine bay and re-running/re-doing all the wiring. Here's a few pics:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:17 AM
BA.

that is one interesting throttle cable!

you don't screw around, you really jumped right in there. don't let scope-creep keep ya off the road too long!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Yeah, you are really not messing around. Didn't I see the pictures of this car on a trailer day or two ago?

Whenever I work with the car, I never remember to take pictures.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM

Now there's a man on a mission. Congrats on the new ride. 2nd Gen F bodies are becoming very popular today.

Dude, please tell us all you're going to replace that hokey cable set up on the carb. That's just a recipe for disaster.

And also, in this bottom shot- is that a rubber hose replacing the fuel line above the exhaust? Another 'yikes'...

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

I haven't actually looked at that fuel line under there, I'll check that out for sure though. It has the hard line at the tank and on the front front rail so I don't know why someone would put a rubber line in between. Yeah you guys are right, I don't mess around lol. I figure if it's going to be sitting in my garage, I should get some work done on it. Yes you did see it on a trailer a few days ago and yes that stupid throttle cable is going bye bye. There are so many little ghetto things on this car but so many good things too lol. I won't let scope-creep keep me off the road. Like that rust, it doesn't looked to be spreading (and I live in california), so I will just be fixing what I need to (leaks/wiring) and putting everything back together. I'll clean up under there too. I'd like to get some new parts for it but again, it runs fine, just need to work with what I have now and only replace what I NEED to. This is going to be a long term project so I'm going to take my time and enjoy the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page