Need 1963 Belair wiper motor - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Need 1963 Belair wiper motor

Hi folks.....Bought a nice-looking 9 passenger '63 belair wagon sight unseen from an out-of-state dealer. Dont ever do it! Cracked, then badly repaired then re-broken frame...and that's just the beginning. I have had the frame repaired and a later all-in-one pump-steeting box put in...Set me back ALOT and a LONG way to go according to my mechanic who I trust.

I need a wiper motor for this car if anyone has a lead. Thanks.
scitt 818 943 5050
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM

Hey Scott,
Try Truck and Car Shop, in Orange,Ca.
Gary
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 AM

GM made two only different designs (excluding add ons such as pulse wiper timing and wash featers) since they introduced electric wipers: a round motor and a square motor. If your's is round (most older cars were) then any round motor will work (only the linkage changed to fit the car the motor was the same). If you want to add pulse wiper and wash features all of the wiper parts are interchangeable, but you have to addapt the controls and mount the squirters yourself (I would use an arm squirter rather than the cowl mounted version).

If you look in repop house catalogs they advertise their ability to allow you to upgrade your wipers (with a kit made of factory parts.) to add features such as pulsed wipers and wind screen washers. Which is just applying GM's philosophy of all parts being interchangable to reduce their inventory of parts that they have to keep on hand.

Big Dave

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM

Not sure about modifying, but we know the '59 to '62's as the same and the '63 and '64's as the same (2-Speeds).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page