Last of the hard to find parts, for a while - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Last of the hard to find parts, for a while

Saturday I picked up the last two really hard to find parts for the Biscayne. I found a core support and a good trunk lid. Dig this; I met this guy at a local swap meet who was there with a big spread of ’65-’66 b-body parts. When I asked him if he had anything else at home that he didn’t bring. He said yeah and gave me his business card and I noticed his last name was the same as my daughter-in-law’s maiden name. I asked him if he was from Maria Stein as the phone number on the card showed a 419 area code, he said yes and asked why. I told him that my daughter-in-law was from up that way. He asked what her name was and I told him. He just smiled and said that she was his brother’s daughter!!! I go the core support for $40 and the trunk lid for $75. That makes me pretty happy.

Turns out that he’s building a ’66 Impala ‘vert, (has another for parts) and owns another ’66 Impala sport coupe as well as a ’61 Impala SS that he restored about 12 years ago. I'll get some photos next time I go up there; it was kinda crappy weather Saturday and I didn't even ask him to pull any of them out into the day light. I’m seriously jealous. And of course, he gave me ‘the family price’!!! He's openly admitted that he's not very internet savvy, but I asked him to check out the site. We'll see if he shows up. I'll keep on him as I see him.

So now I'm done buying parts until I start re-assembling. My wife was glad to hear that!!!

Vance

Watch for updates starting soon in my blog here ~ http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1588
And on my own website ~ http://www.violentlee.com/biscayne.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 PM

Now I say that is some pretty good luck

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Impala
Year: 1971
Doors: 4
Motor: 400 V8
Tranny: TH350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page