Making headway, slow but sure..... - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Making headway, slow but sure.....

I just got the new headers for the '67. I bought Heddman headers for '65-'70 BBC full size cars. They fit PERFECTLY!!! They miss everything by 1/4" at least. I definitely recommend these to anyone doing a big block in one of these years. It was so nice to just bolt something on for once without having to spend hours cutting and welding.

Something a little different with these headers. They don't have collector gaskets. They have a swedge on the end of the header and on the reducer. Then use a clamp similar to a cat. converter set up. Pretty cool. It can flex and not leak. It's about time they came up with something different. The price was pretty darn good too. Less than Two bills delivered to my door.

Don't listen to me, what do I know? I've only been doing this for 30 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 PM

I can remember when I got my set for 77 Caprice I tried a few other brands no luck after I got the Headman that's what I buy every since. Mine was for a SB though.

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Impala
Year: 1971
Doors: 4
Motor: 400 V8
Tranny: TH350
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:17 AM

I had the same experience, see thread below:

http://www.impalas.net/forums/showth...ghlight=hedman

Usually when you buy something cheap (especially headers), the extra labour required to install it is not worth the money you saved. I was impressed with the way my headers fit.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I don't do Flowtech headers. I had a few sets where the collectors were pointing in two separate directions. One was pointing down to the ground and out toward the frame rail, and the other was hit hitting the floor pan and skewed in toward the trans. That was the worst set I had, but that's pretty bad. I've had great luck with Hooker and Heddman. I'm over joyed with the way these fit. I have Heddman's on the Nova and now the Impala. I've had Hooker's on some of my old Chevelles and trucks. They fit great too.

I even had a cheap set on one Chevelle, then was tired of constantly replacing flange and collector gaskets, so I bought a set of Hookers. I could NOT believe the difference. It ran NOTICEABLY better. Low end torque jumped up quite a bit with good headers. (I also stopped eating gaskets)

Don't listen to me, what do I know? I've only been doing this for 30 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page