After many weeks of prepping the garage for heat, I finally got to actually turn wrenches on the Biscayne!
My son came over for a little bit today and our goal was simple; remove the doghouse. And that's what we did. Below are a couple photos just after the new year and several of the car after the doghouse was off. So far, the only big problem area I found is the lower cowl mounting point for the right front fender. The mounting point was pretty much gone. If these pieces aren't re-popped, I gonna have to get creative.
So needless to say I'm pretty happy about finally getting to move forward.
Looks like some hard work ahead but doing it with your son is unbeatable. Good accomplishment today!
That spot on the lower fender attachment is bad on a lot of Impala's. pretty common. To the best of my knowledge, you'll have to bend up a little bit of metal and weld it in place, then weld in a cage nut situation.