I actually have a couple more questions. The more I clean and tinker with the more I love this car. Something about the design and engineering that went into it. Anyway, my questions are as follows:
1. Headers, I know it is said it is not worth it, but from a sound and looks perspective is there a brand that fits particularly well? I realize my 283 will not make monster power I am just asking if you had to buy a header which one fits the best.
2. The engine was rebuilt with a cam and sounds great. It has a Edlebrock 650 carb and idles well. Is there a manifold and carb recommended? I know Edlebrock has a nice 600 performer carb and intake.
3. I want to do a disk brake conversion in the future. I have power brakes now but drums. For those who have done the conversion what kit did you buy and why? I am only looking to do front.
4. I have seen on a few cars like mine a tack mounted to the steering column in a chrome cup. Looked just be a little over 2 inches. Anyone know anything about that?
5. If you were going to change the rear gears, what ratio and why? 3.55, 3.73 (Car has a TH350 tranny)