blueprint of frame? - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Swedester
Question blueprint of frame?

I realized that my frame is pretty f*cked up,anyone have a blueprint of the frame dimensions?(1962)
I have the 1961 gm workshop manual,and the 1962 complement,and a bad reprint of the 1962 body schematic manual,or what it´s called,but all I found is incomplete drawings/measurements,would like to get my hands on a blueprint with all measurments and especially the cross/diagonal measurments.any help would be great.
/ Vince
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 08:24 AM

I believe the Body by Fisher manual has what you are looking for. The Assembly manual has the measurements taken from the frame to allign the front end. If you have a good alignment performed optically instead of by how the factory does it (without a front end shop or Bear equipment) then you could use that manual to cross check your frame dimensions with a tape measure.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:09 AM

Dave, I've been looking for a Body by Fisher Manual for my '64. They are hard to find. Some have even indicated they thought the manual was not printed before 1965. Since you mentioned it to Swedester in reference to his '62, are the manuals available for the early 60's chevrolets? If so, do you know a source for them? I would be interested in getting one if possible. Thanks.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Swedester
after going through the assembly manual side for side,I think these manuals differ alot from year to year,no frame drawings or meauserements at all in the ´62 book.
also checked the workshop manual,and found a decent drawing of the frame,but no diagonal measurments,but it helped some.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM

The manuals are all out of print now but there are several companies that have licensed the right to reprint the manuals as a Xerox copy that has been scanned digitally and sold on a CD. If you check on line they pop up. You can even find rare original paper copies of these old GM manuals on line on e-Bay every now and then.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page