Hedder huggers for 61 - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deadwolf

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Hedder huggers for 61

Has anyone bought some hedder huggers for a 61 and know they fit? Struggling to find information that will confirm that they will fit. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 09:46 AM

If your talking about a SBC I have no idea. the 58 to 64 frames are an X frame car that causes all kinds of exhaust fit up issues to clear the frame . Now if your talking about a 348 W motor you only have about 4 good options and I personally wouldn't go with block huggers. I'd go with long tube headers by Dougs Headers.
shaark92 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Good question. I’ve been rasselling with the same question. I know I want ceramic coated to reduce heat in the engine compartment ... and like Deadwolf says, looks like getting “long tube” (sts) is the way to go?

Gonna have to pay a visit to Summit I guess. I vaguely remember the dual exhaust we put on this car 35 years ago ... routing the pipe was a challenge. Perhaps I should go “lake pipes?”

1961 Impala. 4 door. 283, turbo 350. Imron Midnight blue metallic with silver stripe.

Photo Album

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Yes I am referring to a small block.
I appreciate the performance is no better than the ram horns, however personally I think they look a lot better. I am planning on replacing the exhaust with a custom one that tucks right up in the chassis to give me improved ground clearance, so thought it would make sense to do the hedders at the same time.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 AM

If I were looking I would go with Dougs Headers D358. You need headers that will exit behind the fender wells and the guys with the W motors swear by what he offers. If he can make it work for a W motor a SBC should be no problem at all for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page