fisher body service manual - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

fisher body service manual

I've been looking for a 1963 Fisher Body service manual ever since I saw one for 1966. Does it exist?

If so, can some one point me to where I may acquire one?

Thanks.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 12:36 PM

I think you need two. The one for a 1961 body and the supplement that listed the changes in the body for 1963 (I may be off on the 1961 year as I am going from memory, could be 1960 or 1962 plus the supplement).

Big Dave
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
I think you need two. The one for a 1961 body and the supplement that listed the changes in the body for 1963 (I may be off on the 1961 year as I am going from memory, could be 1960 or 1962 plus the supplement).

Big Dave
Dave,

That is true about the SHOP manual(s). I have both. I also have the '63 Assembly Manual.

I've attached a screen shot of the first page of the 1966 version of the manual I am seeking so someone may (hopefully) recognize it. I would have attached the entire pdf of the manual but I kept getting an error message. The manual I'm seeking is different from the '66 shop manual and the '66 Assembly manual (although some of the data overlaps).

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.03.40 PM.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	21593  

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Two issues.

First the GM manuals are all still copyrighted, and as such can not be shared on line without our (The Team boards) being libel. GM won't sue you as a small fry (minnow) because your pockets are not deep enough to make it worth their while, but as soon as a company gets involved the sharks start to swarm.

Second the manuals have overlap because they are all used by GM employees to do their job, it is just that they have different jobs to do. The assembly manual is of primary interest to assembly line workers; the service manuals are used by line mechanics; and the Fisher Body manual is used in the body shops to repair collision damage.

Big Dave
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

I always expected to have to purchase the manual. My problem is I can't find any vendor that even lists it as existing, or for sale but out of stock.

If the manual is not for sale anywhere, nor does it exist, I'll stop looking.

Thanks for replying.

Pete
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 08:58 PM

It existed once. It will come up again on line for sale as a used paper manual since no one seems to have licensed a copy from GM.

I check estate sales in the paper for former mechanics that have gone on to that grease pit in the sky. There are a lot of retires in my area that are dying to retire to Florida, and bring their shop tools and old manuals with them.

Big Dave
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I won't hold my breath but I will look for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page