Motor mounts - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Motor mounts

1965 impala motor mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

1965 impala motor mounts. I’m confused I have a 65 that had a 6 cylinder motor and am putting a 350 in it. I got frame mounts out of a junker and it was a 327 car and the frame mounts were in the lower set of holes. My friend has a big block 65 and his are in the upper set of holes which set are for small blocks? I have read that the big and small block motors are the same any help is appreciated
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:56 AM

Welcome to the Team Chris!

The frame stands for the motor are the same between the SBC and the BBC (that is the stamped steel part that bolts to the car frame). The motor mounts themselves (the factory rubber isolators) are different however between a six banger, a base engine V8, or a high performance V8 (any motor rated above 300 horsepower).

All BBC engines exceeded 300 horsepower which is why the motor mounts for BBC differed from a 283 or 275 horsepower 327.

All Chevy motor frame sands should bolt into the same holes. All Chevy motors, six or V8 used the same frame stands only the motor mounts differed in shape and size.

The differing holes in the frame are for differing engines (Olds, Buick, Pontiac or Cadillac that all used the same frame for a B-body). BOP motors used one set of three holes and Chevy used the other set of three holes that were punched into the frame.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page