Impala serge/jerk - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Impala serge/jerk

As i drive my 2000 Chevy Impala LS during the acceleration onto the highway or up a hill, or just in general acceleration it surge/jerks, but once my speed reaches 60 there is no more jerking. It also feals like its doing this between 1st and 2nd gear....I have been trying to fix it but dont know what it is...i have dropped my gas tank found two holes in it then replaced it, still the car jerks.

I have replaced all spark plugs, and have done a full tone up, it stops for a while but then comes back....Someone please give me an answer .... e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks ...

Last edited by Paul; 06-01-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM

Welcome to the Team Paul!

Here at Team Impala we are focused upon the older 1958-1976 model B-bodies. All are welcome however and owning a car is not a prerequisite to join as I personally own a 1985 Impala and a 1989 Caprice. We have a few ASE certified mechanics who may be able to answer your question though it is hard to diagnose anything remotely with limited information in terms of observations.

I could hazard a guess to say that you could have issues with your transmission; or the EGR valve, or MAF sensor. If it still exists the TCS sensor could be faulty as well as there are about thirty sensors and five computers monitoring your cars functions to control what is going on electrically. If your electrical system is faulty the changing voltage that could be playing havoc with the sensors. There are a host of things it could be.

I suggest you take the car to a certified competent mechanic and have him plug it into his diagnostic computer and see what the two computers have to say to each other. The cars on this board are fixed with a screw driver which really doesn't apply to your situation.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page