1966 SS... Literature/Videos/guides? - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

1966 SS... Literature/Videos/guides?

Hey guys, finally got done with the last project (rennovating my brothers house) and next on the agenda is going to be getting the shop operational, then finally working on the Impala. Probably about a month or so out from having everything really going on her (should finally have water and electricity out to the shop on my parents land they just bought I hope). So then its off to the races on the Impala. In the mean time, aside from reading through topics on here and other sites does anyone know a good source of information on restoration in general such as books, DVD's, etc. etc.

Since its going to be me and my Dad, of which I have zero experience, and he has restored an Impala SS about half way in the late 70's. I am hoping to find some good restoration in general reading material for the lay man, as well as hopefully some in depth information on the 66 SS itself if at all possible.

I already know of Lou Santiago and his LeMans restoration and I already got that ordered. Thanks to Big Dave on that one. I saw the big list of literature reviews on this website, although only a few have gotten reviews in general so I was hoping someone could point me in the right directions.

Just to let you know, I have as much time as its going to take to work on this car (It's going to be my dad's car. I got it for him for his Birthday for us to restore since it was his first car and had to get rid of it in the late 70's when I was born haha) and I know the cost is going to be pretty high, and between us we have already planned on a 15k budget not counting tools and such, although we both figure it will take a lot more than that. Also the car is gonna need a full resto job from the frame up as the one we are going to be working on has never been restored outside of a bad paint job in the early 90's, so basically we are going to have to do everything, although the more intricate stuff we will probably just get a good car shop to work on like rebuilding the engine, doing the final coat of paint, stitching fabric on the interior, and any custom metal work that needs done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:58 PM

Restoration:

I think one of the foremost pieces of literature you need to get your hands on and they are readily available as repro's is the 1966 Impala Assembly Manual.
The 1966 Service Manual and Body by Fisher manual are also very good guides.

paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page