* Site Announcement * - Impala Tech
Site Discussion Website questions, suggestions, how do I

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator

* Site Announcement *

We are changing gears....
After so many years of being behind the wheel of our website I'm going to be riding shotgun. I never imagined the original site of "Hot Cars & Cold Beer" (in 1995) would grow to become Team Chevelle and then Team Impala with so many friends to share it with.
We now have a new server with enough resources for everyone to enjoy and have an established company to thank for helping us move and get setup, AutoForums.

We have reached a point that I can no longer keep up to the daily duties of server maintenance, hack attempts, disputes in the classifieds and the threat of legal backlash from some of those more "spirited" discussions about suppliers and cars for sale. For many years my wife Dot and I have spent all our spare time working online, and that, combined with my more than full time job of brewing beer was slowly taking it's toll. I was recently advised by a physician that "something has to change". AutoForums expressed to me that they have always admired our community and have promised to run it in the same manner as we always have.

I'm still staying as an administrator but now get to participate again instead of having to stay behind the scenes mired in emails and trying to figure out why the *$# the server is not working right.

We would like to thank all of you who visit the site and are helping it grow into a first class community. I could certainly go on about who all to thank but this is not a goodbye, just a notice that the site has reached a milestone.
Everything will remain in place for years of sharing and caring with each other.

Al & Dot McKenzie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Thanks for your support Al! I hope that Dot, and yourself can enjoy some of the fruits of your long labors. I appreciate what you have done for the hobby.

Big Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 PM
BA.

I want to say Thank You Al for having the vision, guts and dedication for creating and maintaining the Team Camaro/Chevelle/Impala/Nova/Yenko sites. It's a huge help for all of us and you should be real proud.

Enjoy your extra free-time!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM

I have spent many an enjoyable hour here too.....Thank You Both.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Cheers!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thank you for creating this site. I am young member in terms of time spent on this site but already acquired a lot of valuable information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page