Welcome to Autoforums - Impala Tech
Site Discussion Website questions, suggestions, how do I

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Don
Administrator

Welcome to Autoforums

As a team of automotive and powersports enthusiasts at AutoForums.com, we are pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Al and Dot McKenzie and their suite of classic Chevrolet enthusiast forums. The web sites include Chevelles.com, Novas.net, Camaros.net, Impalas.net, El Caminos.net and ChevyTeam.com.

Relieving site owners of the burden of administrative tasks and hosting issues, AutoForums.com brings experience from running more than one hundred enthusiast sites on the Internet. Our role here is to support the forum Moderators technically and help put in place features that would grow the community.

As an example and part of the transition, the classic Chevy sites are now hosted on Intel Core I7, Xeon 5500 series, Quad Core CPU servers, with 4 Gb RAM.

We also understand that each community is different and work to accommodate those differences.Successful sites quickly grow to the point where the founder will struggle to keep up with administrative and technical maintenance issues, leaving little or no time to participate in and enjoy the topical discussions that are fundamental to the site. It is those fundamentals that we have learned to preserve in our process of transition. Having said that, this is still your community and we are here to support the leaders of this community.

As Al has said in his announcement, he will still be around and possibly even more than he has been able to recently. The moderating team has committed to remain and continue building the various communities and we at Autoforums.com look forward to assisting in that objective. The existing leadership of these forums remains intact.

My name is Don Roy and I am your contact for any issues related to the transition and future of these sites. I am old enough to remember seeing most of these cars when they were new and I have worked on a couple of them over the years. I look forward to your questions and your input. I am particularly interested in any outstanding issues or new features that you feel would help grow the community. You can reach me anytime by emailing [email protected]

The majesty and history of these cars, as well as the knowledge of them contained in these forums, needs to be preserved and enhanced. That was Al’s mission and now it is ours. Please join us in making it happen.

Last edited by Don; 07-30-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the support Don!

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page