Troubles placing Classified ad - Impala Tech
Site Discussion Website questions, suggestions, how do I

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Troubles placing Classified ad

I've tried 5 times to place an ad to sell my 65 Impala. I fill out all the information and upload 3 pictures. When I hit submit, either nothing happens after 5 minutes or I get this message:
100_2210.JPG (exceeds your PHP maximum upload value.)

I've tried multiple pictures and it won't even let the 1st one load

These images are only like 2.4 mb so nothing unusual.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palalt View Post
I've tried 5 times to place an ad to sell my 65 Impala. I fill out all the information and upload 3 pictures. When I hit submit, either nothing happens after 5 minutes or I get this message:
100_2210.JPG (exceeds your PHP maximum upload value.)

I've tried multiple pictures and it won't even let the 1st one load

These images are only like 2.4 mb so nothing unusual.

Any suggestions?
All they (the folks that bought this board to turn a hobby of the creator into a commercial success) allow are basically thumb nails as far as pictures go unless you actually pay for an upgraded membership.

Rather than do that use Photobucket as they will host your pictures for free and all you place in the ad is a line of HTML text linking the post with your picture on the host site.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Dave. I opened a Photobucket account and loaded a few pictures into it. When I retry creating an ad, I see now way of drawing those pictures into the ad. Did you mean to actually type the http link into the text portion of the ad. I'm still confused. I might just post it on EBay and Craigslist and let it go at that. This is crazy. Or, how do I create pictures as thumbnails?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 07:03 PM

In Photobucket if you click on your picture it will create the Hypertext image link for you (you can limit the reference to Photobuckt if you have any other pictures you do not want any one to see by removing the Http: address part and just leave the part bracketed by IMG and /IMG inside the square braces.

You then paste that HTML text link into your ad or post if you want to share a photo.

Big Dave
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Finally! FYI. Posting did not allow cut and paste from Google Docs. I had to retype the entire description in lower case to get this site to accept the text. My ad for my 65 Impala is now complete with a link to all the Photobucket pictures. Now if the 45 people that already looked at the empty ad will try again, maybe someone will actually be interested. Thanks Dave for the tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page