Group Question - Impala Tech
Site Discussion Website questions, suggestions, how do I

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Group Question

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but here goes anyway.....
In the introduction message it states " We are a group of enthusiasts of the Impala from its introduction in 1958 until it was discontinued in 1985". From browsing the forum here I'm noticing that almost all of the posts are from owners of cars from the 60's. So far I can not find ANYTHING having to do with 77 and newer Impalas so I'm not sure if I should remain a member here.
Did I overlook the information about the "Boxy" B-bodies? Or is this actually a 60's Impala site?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:15 PM

As I understand it, this site discusses whatever year Impala people want to discuss. The amount depends on people's interest.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 PM

I personally own a 1985 Impala four door sedan and a 1989 Caprice four door sedan that were both formerly 9C1 cars before I made hot rods out of them. I do not feel hurt that no one wants to talk about my cars. No one plays with my cars which is why I like them so much (same size and weight as a 1970 Chevelle but totally unrecognizable as a muscle car even though both have motors in them that dyno way north of 500 horsepower and have HD suspension, steep rear gears and run exceedingly well for stone stock beaters ($100 buys a demonstration).

The greatest number of registered users are owners of 1961-67 Impalas That is what people generally think of when they think of old Chevy muscle cars (since the Impala didn't exist before 1958 so the 100 150 210 model Shoe Box Chevy's of 1955-'57 are not really viable here) To my knowledge no one has ever asked a question about an early Tri five Chevy though I have seen their cars in background shots showing their Impala or Bel Aire or Kingswood or any other model in the fore ground. After 1967 everyone thinks of the Camaro or the Chevelle as being the muscle car and the big B-bodies popularity falls off quickly (as the Impala put on a lot of weight and the power of the motors dropped like a stone in the smog years).

That said; no one is specifically excluded. If you want to come and join out site and talk about what a wonderful experience you have driving your new wrong wheel drive V-6 EFI Impala no one will harass you (without having me censure them for it). I just do not expect anyone to talk to them, as their interests lay else where (it is a birds of a feather flocking together thing; they are not being anti-social; they are just not interested).

By the way your 1977 was the first model of the 1977-'99 production run that was the last of the rear wheel drive B-body line. Ask away on questions and please feel welcome.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page