Value of the car... - Impala Tech
Site Discussion Website questions, suggestions, how do I

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Value of the car...

There is a 1963 SS all original with original engine, tranny, you name it... Just been repainted all matching numbers it's a 327, 4 speed... With about 40k miles on it. What is it worth? What is a fair offer for it? I own a '64 already but not all original like this one. Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 AM

First of all in 48 years they put on 40K miles. I call BS on that. Now for the good. 327 and 4 speed posi track I assume. You didnt mention options. None the less If it does look that good $10 to 12k would be a steal. Double check everything. Correct date coded motor. Check vin to find out if it is an SS. I know in 64 you can do this 63 I am not certain. Pics would help as to value as well. Run a magnet all over the body looking for rust. I use a refrigerator magnet with a skinny cloth. If the magnet does not stick it has bondo. However it could have been repaired properly. Put the car on a lift to look at the undercarraige floor pans etc. Good luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM

I have a 63, 327-4 speed Impala..59k documented miles, all 2 transfers in hand..1 repaint,professionally done in 96, maroon color, the car is absolutely flawless and I won't take less then 15k, use that as a decent guideline

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 AM

63 IMP No disrespect intended. Yes there are a few low mileage cars out there but 99% have been rolled over one two or 3 times. Documentation is the key. Original paperwork receipts for oil changes tires etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page