Body moldings on a 69 Impala 2dr - Impala Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Body moldings on a 69 Impala 2dr

Hi guys,

I find it very difficult to find the molding on the passenger side door. Does anybody have any left over that you are willing to sell. I am prepared to pay top dollar.

I was told that the moldings from a 70 impala won't fit the 69. I wonder if this is true or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Welcome. I have found this place to have quite a lot of used parts for 65-70 Impala's.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/319429308116921/
Just post what your looking for, and someone will answer. Also try our classifieds here in the parts wanted section.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM

Welcome to the Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 impala View Post
Hi guys,

I was told that the moldings from a 70 impala won't fit the 69. I wonder if this is true or not.
In the US back in the sixties the American car manufactures used to change the car's appearance annually by using different trim and grills every year to allow consumers to identify this years car from last years car model. Consumers used to buy a new car every three years or so because they didn't want to be seen in a car that was too old for emotional reasons. There wasn't anything wrong with their old car that was designed by the production process to offer trouble free service for five years and to then start to fall apart after seven years so that there wouldn't be any old models still on the road.

This was all expressed in the phrase "keeping up with the Jones'" as there was noticeable social pressure to buy and consume products to express how wealthy they were to their neighbors. It was all for show, and many Americans were conditioned by advertising to have the "right" clothes, the newest TV or electrical appliance. The clothing designers sewed on a lizard or polo player on their clothing to allow others to check up on your purchasing the correct shirts or not. You had to show your badge of compliance to show that you were a follower of whatever the advertisers wanted you to buy.

Personally I never subscribed to this phenomenon when I was young as I was dressed in either a uniform (US brown shoe Navy, or as a police officer) or in my alternate uniform of blue jeans and T-shirts. I drove older used cars, so the money I that didn't spend on a new car I spent on building ever increasing levels of engine power (and whatever was left over was spent on fixing parts that broke such as rear ends as a result of increased power). The only way I got a different car was someone buying my current vehicle out from under me because they wanted it more than I did; as proven by the amount I was paid for the vehicle. With these funds I started a new project to build a bigger motor in a lighter car to become even quicker than my old ride. Which started the process over again.

Big Dave

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

I have visited this forum over and over in the past without registering, but I am always impressed with the support and dedication members offer each other. Please keep up the great atmosphere. I will definetely check out the facebook group.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:18 PM

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:15 PM

The Body Side Molding from a '70 will fit, but they are a different size. One is wider than the other. I may have a Passenger Side '69 2-Dr HT Door Molding available. I'll check on it in a day or two.

Bill
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Hi guys,

I find it very difficult to find the molding on the passenger side door. Does anybody have any left over that you are willing to sell. I am prepared to pay top dollar.

If this is Rene, I sent you a couple emails already. I can help you. What color do you require?

Donny
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 AM

By the way, I checked on it and I only have a Drivers Side available. Nothing good in a Passenger Side.

Bill
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Hi Bill thanks for checking. Hi Donny, yeah it is me. I got your email and gonna get in contact with you.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys,

It's me again. Unfortunately donny didn't reply anymore, that is why I assume he doesn't want to sell.

Does anyone else have any left over passenger side door molding on a 69 Impala Coupe?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Hi guys,

It's me again. Unfortunately donny didn't reply anymore, that is why I assume he doesn't want to sell.

Does anyone else have any left over passenger side door molding on a 69 Impala Coupe?
Donnie has been in and out of the hospital lately. He may not have had time to catch up on his e-mails or PM's. I'm sure he isn't ignoring you.

Big Dave
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Alright, didn't mean to offend donnie. Hope he is alright and waiting for his reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page