68 floor pan kick panels - Impala Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

68 floor pan kick panels

I'm in need of the kick panels in front of the floor pans, is their anyone who has a link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 05:28 PM

The kick panels are to the sides of the floor pan (where the vents would be). Are you looking for toe boards?

64 Impala SS 327/300 survivor
67 Impala SS 327 triple black hardtop
67 Impala Bench Seat 4 speed
http://craigaacars.shutterfly.com/pictures
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 PM

Sounds like you need the toe boards. They are not reproduced, I need them too. Right now your only option is to find a junkyard or someone who has a car to part out. I bought a 1967 Chevelle repro toe board to cut the accelerator pedal and hump area from, Its fairly close and can work. The repro floor pans are an excellent fit BTW. Don S

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 PM

I would check on line for a bone yard in the desert southwest. Paying freight is going to save you time and money over repairing a rusty part that might not be better than your part now if it comes from up north.

Big Dave
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

toe boards yes, my bad. This is getting depressing. okay
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

off topic. going with nothing smaller than a 427, and putting 2" drop spindles on the front. I want her low but full travel. Is this enough to get that sport aggressive look without bottoming out on everything? or do I need better springs too?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 AM

Well right now you already have a two inch drop below the factory set ride height because the original factory springs are sagging that much. With dropped spindles you will have it four inches below the factory ride height if you retain the factory springs, load another 220 pounds of cast iron over the nose and it will drop even further (about one and a quarter to three quarter of an inch depending upon the factory spring rate). All of these drops are compromising suspension travel so a custom valved shock that can control the cars suspension and keep it off the snubbers will be required in my opinion.

Big Dave
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

I wish I could have someone tell me what rim /tire sizes to get with the exact suspension setup I need to buy to have a very sporty look with good control, money is no issue, I'll work as hard as I need too, to earn what I need to do this right. I just hate having to figure all this type stuff out.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 PM

68 toe boards

Heres your toe boards. 68 sedan, rock solid floors and firewall (torque boxes).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0141.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	6082   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0989.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	6090   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1030.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	6098   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1031.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	6106  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM

You're tire/rim question comes under the category of 'personal preference'. Do you want small rims such as the stock 14" variety or larger? The bigger you go on the rims generally the lower the profile tires. Go with the heavy duty springs and don't cut them. I'm going with stock springs and 2"drop spindles on my '64 but also have to convert to disc in front. I have a small block though so less weight. Will post pics when done. Research shocks too.

Plus, post some pics of your project, sounds fun :-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:55 PM

Btw, other upgrades should be new tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings, body bushings if bad, heavy duty sway bar (get polypropylene for the bushings) - that should about cover the front end for retaining stock suspension.

Other higher cost options would be coil overs which basically replaces the whole control arm, coil, and shock with something more modern, or last option is air bag suspension but both of these options will be minimum double what stock outlined above would cost, but if done right can give a better ride (allegedly). Budget either $1k for parts or about $2,500 for parts and you'll be good. I went with $1k old school. Add At least $1k for labor unless doing yourself. I think most guys on here go stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

this is the stance I want anyone know his setup?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:15 AM

Looks like it has been air bagged to me. Nice thing about air bags is you can lower it for show and then raise it to drive the car home as that car will not work on a street as is. It is transported by trailer as you have the frame resting on the ground.

Check out RideTech's web site.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page