Impala 1969 4 door HT conversion to 2 door sport - Impala Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: jakarta
Posts: 3
 
Impala 1969 4 door HT conversion to 2 door sport

Hi is there any way i can do a conversion on impala 69 4 door HT to 2 door sport??

Ans yes the reason i want to do that is down here we have less choice and very expensive to get the 2 door impala especially 69,if we can get it it would be around 50k above

Can anyone help??
sabun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,428
 
You buy an Impala two door hard top parts car and then cut out everything from one car and weld it into the other.

Back when 1957 two doors where getting ridiculously expensive (before the aftermarket makes a brand new 1957 Chevy and you assemble it from a cartoon full of parts) I read about some one doing that. The someone was a professional body man and the person asking and paying the bills was Popular Hodrodding back when Argos was the publisher.

It took them 16 months and a bucket full of money.

Big Dave
Big Dave is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lewisburg, Ohio
Posts: 2,909
 
Take off the back door handles and fill the holes.
dadstoy is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,395
 
If you're going to do it, you may as well make it a convertible. Check layitlow.com, there are build threads on there where guys have done it.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
jayoldschool is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: jakarta
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
You buy an Impala two door hard top parts car and then cut out everything from one car and weld it into the other.

Back when 1957 two doors where getting ridiculously expensive (before the aftermarket makes a brand new 1957 Chevy and you assemble it from a cartoon full of parts) I read about some one doing that. The someone was a professional body man and the person asking and paying the bills was Popular Hodrodding back when Argos was the publisher.

It took them 16 months and a bucket full of money.

Big Dave
The thing that im confused is the pillars,the door of the 2 door HT is longer than the 4 door HT
sabun is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: jakarta
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
Take off the back door handles and fill the holes.
Yeah thats the easy one but looks funny cause the door is short

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
If you're going to do it, you may as well make it a convertible. Check layitlow.com, there are build threads on there where guys have done it.
Let me check it out thanks
sabun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome