1966 Impala SS for sale on CL - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

1966 Impala SS for sale on CL

Was corresponding with this person on CL, looks to be a pretty nice original with all paperwork 1966 Impala SS 396 4-spd car in NH.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/4127682483.html

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Window Sticker

Warren, Interesting car, I have a copy of his window sticker. Not often do we see an Impala SS big block with a tach and gauge clock. Most often the Impala SS had the tach, universal clock on top of dash and vacuum gauge while most Caprices had the tach and gauge clock.

You should ask him for trim tag copy also.

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 AM

nice lookin 66.....nice price tag..I'm thinking maybe 17-18..under carriage would have to be perfect

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 08:21 AM

I like it and with the big block and 4 speed it would be a good one to drive around
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
Warren, Interesting car, I have a copy of his window sticker. Not often do we see an Impala SS big block with a tach and gauge clock. Most often the Impala SS had the tach, universal clock on top of dash and vacuum gauge while most Caprices had the tach and gauge clock.

You should ask him for trim tag copy also.

Paul
Hi Paul, sorry to hi jack this thread, but I'm curious about what you say. I have a 66 SS, factory 396/4spd, with tach in the dash, gauge cluster with the clock, no vacuum gauge, factory am/fm, p/drum brakes and p/steer, factory seat belts plus over riders front near ( which could have been fitted later). Just curious if its a bit on the rare side with those options and big block? I don't have the build sheet.
Cheers.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Options

What is the driver's over rider's front mean? Was stating that much more often you would find a Caprice with a tach and gauges had the clock within the gauges and on the SS usually had the top of dash clock and manifold gauge. This is also mentioned in the 1965 Product training book regarding 1966's. The options you mentioned are not very rare for a big block 66. Additionally, all big blocks that had 4-spds came with tachs as a package. Even the window sticker code listed 4-spd trans & tach.
Also, all 66 Full size cars had seat belts, it was the first year.

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
What is the driver's over rider's front mean? Was stating that much more often you would find a Caprice with a tach and gauges had the clock within the gauges and on the SS usually had the top of dash clock and manifold gauge. This is also mentioned in the 1965 Product training book regarding 1966's. The options you mentioned are not very rare for a big block 66. Additionally, all big blocks that had 4-spds came with tachs as a package. Even the window sticker code listed 4-spd trans & tach.
Also, all 66 Full size cars had seat belts, it was the first year.

Paul
The "over riders front and rear" I was referring to are on the bumpers.
Thanks for the info. But it's confusing.
So, as you say, if a big block ss came with a tach standard, where else then would they fit a clock, if not in the 4 guage pod above the console where it is fitted now? Seems straight forward to me. If you wanted a clock, the vacuum gauge would've been deleted and the clock fitted in its place?? No?
Cheers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Info

No, not that easy. Sorry, there was a universal clock mounted to the top of the dash I am referring to for SS cars with Tach's and gauges. This universal clock was also offered as a dealer installed accessory as was the in-dash tach.

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Reference materials

Matt: Please see attached excerpt from the 1966 New Product Training Booklet, middle of right side of page.

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Last edited by fsc66; 09-12-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page