Newbie with a 1969 Impala - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Newbie with a 1969 Impala

Hello everyone, I am thrilled to be apart of this forum. There is nothing like sharing info. I have only been here a few days and I have to say I have learned alot by just reading the post I have found here. About me, well I am 45 and I love old cars. Old Impala's are one of my faves and I love my 69 Impala. I enjoy working on them even when I have trouble figuring out whats is wrong, I like a chalenge! I also like doing my own body work and painting which comes in handy when your on a tight budget. I dont like computerized cars though I do own one, they depend on the computer to run everything and if anything goes wrong you have to strugle to get to it in the cramp engine compartment they sqeezed the engine into. The older cars also had a look all thier own and had style to them unlike todays cars which for the most part all look the same. I just cant see any modern car still on the road in 30 years or showing up at a classic car show. Most of them end up at the junkyard in ten or so years. I will end by saying (Keep them running and turning Heads for years to come! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 05:30 PM

I have to agree with you Von. Most don't realize that the factory service manual has you dropping (not pulling) the motor as they expect all repairs to occur just like the car was put together with the repaired motor and trans assembly on it's cradle (the call it a sub frame) going in from the bottom of the car. Whether to work on something simple like changing universal joints to having to replace a water pump on a NorthStar V8 (which was cleverly placed in the middle of the motor). Some motors require you to drop the motor to change plugs (which are not covered under warranty so Chevy doesn't worry about your having to hire a contortionist to swap out the plugs later in the cars life).

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Don't you miss the day's when you could open the hood and actually see the engine, and then practicly be able to climb in and sit next to the engine to work on it. I know I do. I have big hands and I can hardly get them in anywhere under the hood of my newer car. I have to love the simplicity of the old cars.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Welcome Von, Im 60 and still enjoy my old cars and trucks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Long Live The Classics!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page