A-body Newbie - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Cool A-body Newbie

Hi guyz! I've decided to broaden my horizons and jump over to this forum too. I have been a member of Team Chevelle for many years. I figured now I should learn a little about full size Chevys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSeaS View Post
Hi guyz! I've decided to broaden my horizons and jump over to this forum too. I have been a member of Team Chevelle for many years. I figured now I should learn a little about full size Chevys.
Welcome to the Team Frank!

I was interested to learn that a mid eighties (1977-'90 B-body is about the same size and weight as the 1970 Chevelle. Same four link rear suspension (though the rear coil spring is attached differently and it has different control arms) and the same style front end that uses a lot of 1968-'72 Chevelle parts or vice versa. I used a 12 bolt out of a 1970 Chevelle under my '85 Impala initially.

I was even able to use headers off of a 454 '70 Chevelle that bolted in place on my '85 Impala.

But I will wager you don't even consider those full perimeter framed years to be Impalas, instead you are probably looking to the vintage "X" frame 1958-'64 cars that are the most popular, or the 1965-'70 series that is nearly as popular.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
BA.

Welcome to the cult club / darker side! You must be a special kind of guy to broaden your horizons. You going to pick up a B-Body for fun?

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:23 AM

I've owned most of the body styles from Chevy and still own a 67 Camaro. But as I grow older and wider the big cars are easy to get into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page