63 Impala my dad bought! - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

63 Impala my dad bought!

About 2 years ago my dad bought a 63 impala, that was in decent shape (of course it needed work). 327 4-barrel, 4-speed, with a 3/4 racing cam, racing clutch, factory power steering, power brakes. My dad got a new car, and dumped this one on me as a weekend car. I am 18, and will be leaving within the next year or so to go into the Air Force. The car is in great running order (thanks to 2 years of blood sweat and tears put in it!) We have replaced multiple parts: Water pump, master cylinders, rebuilt all the wheel cylinders, replaced the brake lines, the power steering control valve, new shocks, replaced the drivers rear axle, replaced the heater core 3 times (do to cheap parts), new brake shoes, and much more that i cannot remember! I have a TON of questions that i need answers to, so i thought this would be a good start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0332.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	7705   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0328.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	7729   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0330.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	7737  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM

Welcome to the Team Carl!

Big Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 07:57 AM

Great color and a 4 speed. You got my attention.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txbobcat View Post
Great color and a 4 speed. You got my attention.
Thanks!! It's not a factory 63 color. It came out of the factory a cream color. The person who originally bought it got it professionally painted palomar red , which isn't a color choice for the 63, but for the 64 (or so I am told). Oh, I don't know if i mentioned this, but it has cherry bombs!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 07:17 AM

I have cherry bombs on my 64 but will be putting on a new exhaust system on it soon. I hope they are still available.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM

Walker made the original exhaust systems. In the bend book they still list the pipes and mufflers you need to get a complete exhaust system made from straight pipe. You can also buy the pre-bent pipes by way of NAPA and other parts house vendors in mild steel and stainless steel:

http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/exh...et/impala.html

Big Dave
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 04:03 PM

Palomar red was a 63 factory color...my first one was in 1967, an SS and I just sold my last palomar red 63 last year...you have a beautiful 63....I've owned 4 of them over the years, you are a lucky guy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 08:30 PM
BA.

Yeah, that's a great looking ride man, and joining the Air Force is a wise decision that you will benefit from for the rest of your life.

I remember having buying my 69 Camaro RS when I was 18 and in the Marines at 29 Palms, CA. Those were good times, you probably have some good times comin in that sweet ride too!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf63imp View Post
Palomar red was a 63 factory color...my first one was in 1967, an SS and I just sold my last palomar red 63 last year...you have a beautiful 63....I've owned 4 of them over the years, you are a lucky guy
Well now I know. But for sure the previous owner had it repainted. In a few spots you can see the previous paint. I very much enjoy driving it around, but to me (and most typical 18 year old boys) think that its lacking power. It most likely has less than 300 hp, and its a VERY heavy car. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a beast. I just would like to add on it, and make its bite bigger than its bark. Since my Dad got this car for me to eventually own, I plan on getting him his dream car for an exchange. (a 67 camaro) I plan on leaving a link soon, to a youtube video of a walk around. Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
63 impala

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page