Hi from Long Island ny - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Hi from Long Island ny

Hi I'm joel and I'm addicted to impalas. I brought my first 65 when I was 14 and sold it when I left to the service. Fast forward 23 years later after countless searching and wishing of getting one again I finally got one. It's in bad shape but I love it just the same. I have other cars in my collection and I'm currently working on one at the moment but occasionally I tinker with the 65 so it won't feel left out. I'm here to solve some problems I'm seeing and will post in the appropriate threads to search for answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 07:27 AM

You are only an addict if you keep buying the same car over and over again. I am now on my third red red 64 Impala SS 327 4 speed. I have also owned 4 65 Pontiacs the first a catalina convert in 1970 later a 65 Gran Prix later a catalina hardtop and now my iris mist 65 catalina convertible. I have owned this 64 since 95 and the catalina since 99. My two GTOs are sitting side by side in the garage.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 10:10 AM

Welcome to the Team Joel!

If you have a true basket case consider making that car your donor vehicle and buy a better (sheet metal and frame wise) from the desert Southwest where cars hardly ever rust because "It is a Dry Heat". It makes good economic sense if not exactly meeting your emotional needs. A lot of the parts you may need are not reproduced (sheet metal, trim and a lot of the small parts that fall of or get broken with use). To have a good rust free straight car to add interior and paint to is a lot better than trying to bring one back from the dead the way Skim did it (read his phenomenal post here

http://www.impalas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=686

Big Dave

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:11 AM

Welcome Joel, I have the same addiction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page