New guy (to forum and big cars) - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

New guy (to forum and big cars)

Hello,
I'm Nik. I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I am about to take ownership of a '64 2 door (post) Biscayne. I have been trying to buy the car from a friend for a few years and finally have him ready to sell. I have a built, narrowed (58") Ford 9", built TH400 and a fresh 496ci BBC with forged internals in my shop ready for the project. They were being built one by one and set aside while I was shopping for an early Chevelle to eventually put them in, but now, I think that they will go in the big car. Its unique, to say the least, but I like it. It has the big round ('63 Falcon, I think) taillights grafted into the tail panel. So, its got a different look to it, but it was done well (IMO) and that is what initially attracted me to the car. I will start a build thread shortly with pics. I am a member of a few of the other "Team" sites and own a '59 Chevy Apache (350/700R4), a '53 GMC (467ci BBC/TH400/4 linked w 9") and a '36 Pontiac that I am building with my soon to be 13 YO son! Recently sold my '67 Tempest and prior to that had a '62 Chevy II.

Im happy to be here and now Im going to go search through some of your guys' build threads.

Thanks,
NikC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 07:26 AM

Falcon rear tail lights were big. They were molded to look like you were looking up the tail pipe of a gas turbine jet engine.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Yes sir. They are very big. They were originally what brought my attention to this car. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. Going to pull some numbers from the frame and start working on 4 link geometry this weekend.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:14 AM

Welcome Nick. Photos?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 12:23 PM

Welcome and I would love to see that, I can't imagine them fitting.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page