69 Impala clear tail lenses - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

69 Impala clear tail lenses

If I were to start making clear tail lenses for the 69 Impala, would you buy them? They would be great for LED conversions,.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 PM

Welcome to the Team Joseph!

I wouldn't because I don't own a '63 Impala.

Personally I am not fond of the clear lenses red LED look popular on pick-up trucks, but one of our sponsors Card ID sells that stuff when they can, so I would contact them to see if they would be interested in handling them.

If you are only interested in selling car parts here I will probably ban you as that is against the site rules you read when you signed on to become a member. To sell product on a regular basis you have to become a sponsor, as they pay our bills to keep the board up.

Big Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 12:09 PM

Maybe i would for my 69, but it depends of the price and quality of course.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

No need for hostility Big Dave, I was merely asking a question and I am not here only to sell car parts so you can stop with the "I'll ban you" talk. I do currently make the clear lenses for the 69' Impala and yes they look sweet! I am also making the side marker lenses and front turn signal lenses in clear so if anyone is interested just pm me and I'll reply with the link where you can buy them. I am an Impala enthusiast as I own 2 69' Impalas, and I love making new things for these cars.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozertheGozerian View Post
No need for hostility Big Dave, I was merely asking a question and I am not here only to sell car parts so you can stop with the "I'll ban you" talk. I do currently make the clear lenses for the 69' Impala and yes they look sweet! I am also making the side marker lenses and front turn signal lenses in clear so if anyone is interested just pm me and I'll reply with the link where you can buy them. I am an Impala enthusiast as I own 2 69' Impalas, and I love making new things for these cars.

No threats. I am stating fact.

To sell a product here as a profession you have to be a sponsor. If you are a hobbiest making one or two at a time in your kitchen then that is fine so long as you take the trade by way of Private Messages.

As a for instance; the moderator on the Team Nova board made late model Nova grills in his garage for himself. He showed the results of his labor and creativity in his posts documenting his rebuild. A few other members who saw his posts wanted a better grill for their cars since none where being reproduced. He wasn't making grills as an occupation, in fact he gave away the molds to another board member to experiment with.

All you knew about the grills were that he made a couple of different grills and asked the boards opinion as to which looked best on his car (since he was making his own grill he could change, relocate or rotate the turn signals as well as the inclusion or exclusion of trim pieces on the grill being a rebuild and not a restoration. But that was all. No signs or trade offers on the board were made and all sales (if any) were by way of PM.

The rules are if you want to sell something, I don't want to know about it. We have a classified section open to members in which you can sell any car stuff you want.

This is were that difference between a free membership, and the enhanced memberships that the administrators, but not me, push comes into play. If you pay more for the enhanced membership you get more room on the server for your pictures; and you can have more items listed. This is because as just like with a newspaper print classified ad the column width and length are limited. In this case by the number of bytes of data that they give you with the enhanced membership (plus the flag and "something, something, something" that I forget exactly what it says under your user name).

Big Dave
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:21 AM

Place your add in the classified section here. I sell 65 parts there all the time. Also there are several places on Facebook that are very popular with 65-70 Impala's. Seems to be a bigger audience there.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
Also there are several places on Facebook that are very popular with 65-70 Impala's. Seems to be a bigger audience there.
I have also heard that Facebook is a good place for parts.

My problem is that I can't stand Facebook, lol.

-Parting Out over 75 '58 to '73 Full Size Chevy Cars-

Member:

-National Impala Association
-Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 04:58 PM

Garage
Aren't clear light lenses for rice rockets and euro cars??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 06:52 PM

Why only for 1969? That's like one of the least popular years. I don't mean popularity by rarity, no chasing the white rabbit here. I mean popularity by what people actually drive. Almost all impalas you see on the streets and in forums are 1962-1966. Truthfully from a money making standpoint, 62-65 would be your cash cow. I'm pretty sure classic industries once made clear tailights for those years, but that was like ten years ago last I knew. I think I've seen them installed a couple times. Clear tailights for a classic car is like tinting the windows on one, restoring a 2 door with a post, or 4 door for that matter, it just doesn't happen all that often. None the less I would like to see what you made, it's still cool to make something from nothing that's yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page