Newb from Montana - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Newb from Montana

When I was in high school, pulled a 67 4 door sedan from the junk yard. Pieced together. Now I'm looking to sell it and find me a 4 door hard top. Hopefully local in the state. I've got an add up if anyone might be interested also here's a link to mpre pictures. http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/za...=recent&page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:09 PM

Welcome to the Team Zack!

Big Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 05:38 AM

Hey!

I am looking for a 67er Impala right now, so i am very interested
I have sent you a Private Message.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Hey, Big Dave, I've seen quite a bit of responses you've made to other peoples questions. So hopefully you can help lead me in the right direction of patch panels for the 4 doors. I know there's not to many companies out there and not all panels are available. For any car in Montana that will be in my price-range, its inevitable that'll ill be needing patches if not whole panels of whats available. I haven't done to many searches in the forum yet either. Kinda hoping you might be able to give me a nudge in the right direction/companies to take a look at.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:43 AM

I don't do body work or restorations for that matter so I am not the one to ask. I would advise looking for a another parts car (preferably from further south say Arizona or New Mexico that will be in better shape. In fact almost anything you find out of the desert will be close to rust free if it has resided there long enough. Of course the sun destroys the interior on the desert found cars but that is what Northern cars are for.

Because I know next to nothing about body repair I always buy the best body that I can find and add running gear and suspension parts to suit my needs. My idea of a restoration is to bolt a better red fender or a yellow hood onto a blue car and paint the whole thing grey with a couple of rattle cans of primer.

It was lucky to even get everything painted all one color as I usually only drove them until I sold the car I was driving without the primer as people would by my car from me late on a Friday or Saturday night at MacDonalds or Steak and Shake or were ever everybody decided to gather that evening to discuss drag racing. I was driving 427 or 454 BBC powered Novas and Camaros back then and I often never completed building the car to my complete satisfaction before some one would buy it out from under me requiring me to catch a ride home with a buddy.

Now if you want to build a fast street driven car then I can help you with recommendations as back in the day I was running close to the NHRA National record with my builds. But even then building a fast car wasn't cheap.

Big Dave
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 05:20 PM

I seriously doubt that anyone makes quarter panels for a 4 door. Patch panels you might have to adapt from a 2 door. There is a 67 impala 2 door on dallas craigslist that if I remember correctly.didn't look to bad blue and under 5 grand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page