New to forum from WA. '67 wagon builder - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New to forum from WA. '67 wagon builder

Hi all, new to the forum, looking to gain some of the vast knowledge from this site to help me in transforming my 67 impala wagon into a badass grocery getter. I'd love to meet up with anyone located in the greater Pacific Northwest to talk projects and give insight.

For starters, I'm going to need some assistance in parts and logistics to get my back window installed in the hatch. I purchased the car with new rear glass sitting in the back seat. I need to know what parts I need to get this set back into the hatch door, and how to get the power window motor tied back in. If anyone could provide me some help or direction on where to look on here for some info id really appreciate it.

I will be posting pics on a build thread in the coming days. Thank you in advance for the assistance, and I look forward to getting to know many of you in the coming months/years!

WAGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 PM

Welcome to the Team Casey!

Window motor is the same one used in the Suburban up until 2004 so they should be available in bone yards. Wiring is straight forward to a single switch on the dash (wires are the same just shorter from the same Suburban but the switch had a different look even though they operate the same way). The register or the device that lifts the glass is bolted and glued onto the glass with epoxy so that is something you will need proper instruction (or call your local "glass doctor" automotive windshield repair and replacement company and have them come to you to install everything).

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the reply, Dave. I'll probably take the easy route on the glass and just have someone get that in for me.

As for the fun stuff, I just picked up this '67 wagon a few weeks ago, which from what I am finding was an original 396 car with T400. However, for whatever reason, it now has a straight six that is on her last leg. I came across a decent builder 350 4 bolt, complete minus carb for a deal I couldn't pass up. It came out of a '72 3/4 ton, and looked to be in relatively good shape.

I'm just now getting it torn down. It will be getting washed, magnafluxed and checked, and then I'll begin the slooooow process of getting my parts together to start the build. You know, that whole $$ issue and what not... So far I have a set of Vortec heads, a good block and any other stock components I might be able to reuse out of it. Obviously, I have some work to do... I figured I'm in a good place for that.

I'll be going for a relatively mild build, and I want this to really be a sleeper. It won't be spending any time at the strip, but it's always fun to smoke a fart box (Honda) off the line at a stop light. Know what I mean?

We'll see how it turns out in the end, but I think like most of us here, I'm just here for the riiiiide maaaan.

This is my first major overhaul. I'll be doing motor, complete new wiring harness, suspension upgrade, brake overhaul (eventually), and hopefully some LITTLE "new age" stuff to make it safer and easier to drive. ie lights, windshield wiper upgrade, and some extra gauges.

I will get pics posted as soon as I can. Before and afters make it way more bitchin in the end. Thanks again for the welcome, Dave!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page