im the new guy - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

im the new guy

whats up brothers.. I have a 65 impala, im in the middle of installing a LS3/T56 into my impala..i purchased the kit from BRP Hotrods and im not to happy with the oil pan... BRP calls the pan a LH8 pan.. is that a H3 pan cause it looks like it.. ive heard of folks buying the fbody pans..something I should've done but I figured BRP had it figured out..i have a ridetech bag system so the pan is really worrying me..thx for any help or advice..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Welcome to the Team Ruben!

Is the pan hitting the front cross-member or is the sump too deep for your tastes? Makes a difference as to what if any blame can be put on BRP.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

thx brother its a lil too deep..its pretty much the lowest part of the car now.. and that's no bueno with a bagged car....I spoke with BRP.. I guess they only offer 2 pans a muscle car pan and a moroso pan (which is shallower)...when I called them I asked what was the best pan for my for my application they told me it was the muscle pan...they never once said anything about the moroso pan..they will swap it out for me but I have to pay the difference.. not a big deal but I am a lil irritated about not being told about the other pan to begin with..but a lessoned learned.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 AM

Did you mention that your car was a low rider scraping the ground at the time? A lot of the service techs I have talked to have shown a remarkable lack of being able to read my mind when on the phone.

If you are scraping now even a Moroso pan may not clear. You might have to go with the LS7 Corvette's dry sump system and associated external vacuum pumps and oil pump along with the added hoses. If you think a Moroso pan is an expensive upgrade you had best be seated when you check the price of the pile of parts to go from a wet sump to a dry sump.

Big Dave
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

not really a lowrider.. I have 22" billets on it.. it has a ridetech air system.. my main concern is when I lay the car down..i spoke to BRP they are gonna swap out the pan for the moroso....so i will find out what im dealing with when i get it in my hands,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page