impala spindles - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

impala spindles

hey guys : I am building a stockcar , we used howe spindles that were based off a impala spindle 71-76 . does anyone know what other cars have the same dimension of spindles? heard something like Cadillac caprices but what years? we will be using the big rotors so bearing size and seal size need to be the same .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

spindles

hey guys : we are building a stockcar. the spindles are howe spindles based off a impala 71-76 . does anyone know what other cars use the same spindles as these years. I heard Cadillac and caprice but what years? the size of the bearings and seals need to be the same as we will be using the big rotors. thanks
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 01:48 PM

If you are building a stock car you should know that they do not use too many stock parts on it. Bigger ball joints and control arms off of a pick-up truck with light truck idler and Pitman arms as well as tie rod ends. The spindle is similar to a rear live truck axle to house the larger bearings. Brakes are usually drums off of a one ton (13 by two and a half inch unless they are using a disc brake system.

I would follow the rule book for your class of car and shop over at Speedway as they have a good selection and cater to oval track racers mostly. The parts they sell meet the sanctioning body code and fit late model B-body Chevy parts into Camaros, Monte Carlos and other race cars bodies (I am just not falmilar with the classes as I either road race under Pro SCCA for TransAm racing or SCCA rules for rally and autocross. I also spent a lot of my youth drag racing under NHRA class rules; practically owning modified production and gas classes locally.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page